Thurlow Nunn league weekend preview: Mark Benterman takes charge at Ipswich Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Wanderers new manager Mark Benterman will officially take charge of the team for the first time when they host Godmanchester Rovers at Humber Doucy Lane as he looks to lift them up the Premier table from their current 19th position, writes Phil Griffiths.
He faces a difficult task in his opening game with the visitors having strengthened their side in recent week, currently sitting in 11th spot on a three match winning run, with two of those games away from home.
Benterman will be hoping for plenty of vocal support from the side as he looks to turn their fortunes around.
Hadleigh face a difficult trip to Histon while Stowmarket, with just one win in their last six league games, will be looking to improve that run but will find the going tough at 8th placed Thetford.
Brantham and Walsham-le-Willows meet at Summer Road in what could be a crucial encounter with Brantham looking to extend a three match winning run, while Walsham will look to bounce back from their mid-week defeat against the league leaders Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Long Melford travel to basement club Fakenham Town, looking to build on their 2-1 win over Ipswich Wanderers last week.
In the First Division, Whitton United could go top with a win over lowly Needham Market Reserves at King George V with leaders Woodbridge having the afternoon off, although second placed Kings Lynn Reserves will eye that top spot as they host Diss Town at the Walks.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
Framlingham Town, unbeaten in the league to date, host a Wisbech St Mary side who have lost six of their ten games knowing a win could lift them into the top six, and will feel confident having scored a dozen goals in their four home games while their visitors have conceded 11 on their four away days to date.
Debenham, under their new management, host league new boys Norwich CBS, where a win would lift them above their visitors who sit 8th on the same points but with a better goal difference.
Struggling Team Bury host Braintree reserves at Ram Meadow while bottom side Cornard are at home to 9th placed Swaffham Town.