Former Ipswich Town star Carlos Edwards in Woodbridge squad for clash with Leiston Reserves on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town star Carlos Edwards made his full debut for Woodbridge Town last night, as they beat Norwich CBS to go top of Thurlow Nunn First Division.
The 39-year-old had come on as a second-half substitute at King’s Lynn Reserves last Saturday, where the ‘Peckers suffered their first league defeat of the season.
Edwards is in the Woodbridge squad for the weekend, as they entertain Leiston Reserves.
It’s tight at the top of the table, with Woodbridge, Whitton and Framlingham all on 57 points. Fram entertain March Town, while Whitton are at home to Norwich United.
Whitton will be dedicating Saturday’s game to both Zoe Coldron, wife of first-team manager Shane Coldron, who passed away last week, and John Whight, who was a long-standing member of the club and also passed recently. It will be pay what you want at the gate with all proceeds going towards the charities Zoe and John supported.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the First Division on Saturday, Swaffham, who suffered a hammer blow when beaten by Framlingham last weekend, have no game, while the only other team in the hunt for a top-three finish, King’s Lynn Reserves are also without a match.
At the bottom, Team Bury entertain Cornard United.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 5 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 10 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton