Former Ipswich Town star Carlos Edwards in Woodbridge squad for clash with Leiston Reserves on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town star Carlos Edwards made his full debut for Woodbridge Town last night, as they beat Norwich CBS to go top of Thurlow Nunn First Division.
The 39-year-old had come on as a second-half substitute at King’s Lynn Reserves last Saturday, where the ‘Peckers suffered their first league defeat of the season.
Edwards is in the Woodbridge squad for the weekend, as they entertain Leiston Reserves.
It’s tight at the top of the table, with Woodbridge, Whitton and Framlingham all on 57 points. Fram entertain March Town, while Whitton are at home to Norwich United.
Whitton will be dedicating Saturday’s game to both Zoe Coldron, wife of first-team manager Shane Coldron, who passed away last week, and John Whight, who was a long-standing member of the club and also passed recently. It will be pay what you want at the gate with all proceeds going towards the charities Zoe and John supported.
Also in the First Division on Saturday, Swaffham, who suffered a hammer blow when beaten by Framlingham last weekend, have no game, while the only other team in the hunt for a top-three finish, King’s Lynn Reserves are also without a match.
At the bottom, Team Bury entertain Cornard United.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man