Thurlow Nunn round-up: Quickfire Woodbridge win; Hadleigh victory under the lights
- Credit: Archant
Kelsey Trotter scored two goals in the first two minutes to help consolidate Woodbridge Town’s position at the top of Thurlow Nunn Division One and ended Debenham LC’s unbeaten record in the process.
The Woodpeckers got off to an amazing start, Mark Ray’s cross after only 35 seconds being met by Trotter, whose first-time shot made it 1-0.
Trotter added his second a minute later, with a neat finish, taking advantage of uncertainty in the home defence.
George Bowman’s cross after 12 minutes found Trotter but he headed wide, before Ray’s shot on 16 minutes went inches off target.
The away side increased their lead after 32 minutes when George Bowman’s accurate corner was headed in by Liam Scopes to make it 3-0 to the league leaders.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Mackenzie’s flick was then met by away captain Sean Rea after 41 minutes and his shot tested Steve Fenner in the home goal, during what was a one-sided first half.
There were no more goals in the second half, although Woodbridge goalkeeper Alfie Stronge did well to push Jack Severy’s 20-yard drive onto the woodwork.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Elsewhere in Division One, Whitton United were 2-0 victors at home to Cornard United.
Stowmarket Town picked up a much-needed 2-0 win at Histon in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Josh Mayhew and Billy Clark scored for Rick Andrews’ side.
On Friday night, new Hadeigh United midfielder Jack Newman scored on his debut as the Brettsiders won under the lights at The Millfield, against Ipswich Wanderers, in the Premier Division.
Elsewhere in the Premier Division, Coggeshall Town defeated visiting Newmarket Town 2-0, thanks to goals from Aaron Cosgrave and Jacob Partridge.
Marley Andrews, Romario Dunne and Ben Lampon scored in Stanway Rovers’ 3-0 victory at Fakenham Town.
Godmanchester Rovers hammered Walsham-le-Willows 5-0, Haverhill Borough lost 4-3 at Gorleston, Haverhill Rovers were held 3-3 at home to Great Yarmouth and Long Melford lost 1-0 at home to FC Clacton.