Thurlow Nunn round-up: Woodbridge Town put six past Norwich Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Woodbridge Town are top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division table on goal difference with four games in hand after a comprehensive 6-0 win at Norwich United Reserves, Kelsey Trotter scoring a hat-trick and Mark Ray bagged a brace.
Ray’s shot from distance went in off the post after two minutes for the Woodpeckers to make it 1-0 and his shot after four minutes missed the target.
The away side made it 2-0 after 14 minutes when Callum Sinclair’s accurate header found Trotter and he made no mistake.
Ray’s pass after 37 minutes was met by Trotter and he duly scored his second to make it 3-0. Ray made it 4-0 after 30 seconds of the second half to score his second goal from 15 yards as the away side piled on the pressure.
Johnson denied Trotter after 50 minutes and after 61 minutes Aaron Churchyard’s pass was met by Ray but again Johnson rescued the home side with a smart save.
You may also want to watch:
Trotter’s shot went wide of the post after 76 minutes but he completed his hat-trick after 82 minutes when he latched onto Churchyard’s through ball and easily beat Johnson to make it 5-0.
Trotter’s shot hit the post after 87 minutes but substitute George Bowman was first to the rebound to make it 6-0 to the away side. Framlingham Town visit Notcutts Park on Friday night, with both sides unbeaten in the league.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
In the Thurlow Premier, Haverhill Borough fell to their heaviest league defeat of the season, 7-2 at title contenders Wroxham.
The hosts took the lead after only eight minutes when Sam Pledger beat Anthony Choat in the Borough goal.
Wroxham continued to dominate possession, but Borough had appeared to weather the storm until 38 minutes when a three goal spree before half-time secured the three posts.
Connor Deeks sidefooted home to double the advantage, before Sam Pledger added a second after turning Casey Phillips in the penalty area and then Deeks scored the fourth before the break.
Ben Fowkes added a fifth on 57 minutes, before Shaun Taylor added a sixth with 20 minutes left.
Substitute Ash Botten pulled a goal back and Ryan Swallow added a second direct from a corner.
But there was still time for Wroxham to complete the scoring as Deeks netted again.