Toffees eye young Town ace Billy
IPSWICH Town could lose Billy Clarke but gain Titus Bramble in the coming months.Everton are the first Premiership club to express an interest in striker Clarke and are understood to be lining up a £2million bid when the January window opens.
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town could lose Billy Clarke but gain Titus Bramble in the coming months.
Everton are the first Premiership club to express an interest in striker Clarke and are understood to be lining up a £2million bid when the January window opens.
Attempts to land the 18-year-old will be vigorously opposed by Town boss Jim Magilton, who is reportedly intent on landing Bramble in a loan move from Newcastle.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Boots, as he is nicknamed, scored his fourth of the season and set up Alan Lee in the 3-1 win at Southend, watched by Everton scout Lil Fucillo.
The Premiership side are understood to have made background checks on Clarke's character and are keen to steal a march on their rivals.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
It is highly unlikely Town will want to cash in on their prize asset in January and Magilton has made it clear he wants to develop the young lad from Cork.
Magilton said: “Billy is going to be a very special player.
“He has all the attributes to be a top player.
“We are delighted we have him at our club and he is not going anywhere.”
Reports in Newcastle suggest Bramble, who is a regular visitor to the Blues training ground to see friends, has been targeted by Town. The 25-year-old has been given a rough time at St James' Park recently by fans and has been told he will not be getting a new contract next summer when his current deal runs out.
The Magpies paid £6m for Bramble from Ipswich and will look to recoup some of that by selling him in January.