Adeyemi to make long-awaited return to action at Portman Road tonight
- Credit: Archant
Tom Adeyemi will make his return to action this evening when he takes to the field for Ipswich Town’s Under 23s.
The midfielder has not played for the first team this season after suffering an Achilles injury in pre-season, which ultimately required surgery.
Adeyemi’s last game for Ipswich was the behind-closed-doors friendly with Kilmarnock at Paul Hurst’s summer training camp, while his last Under 23s appearances ended after just 34 minutes in January 2018 when he came off injured.
In total, the midfielder has played just five times since signing for the Blues in the summer of 2017, with the last of those coming in September of that year in a 1-1 home draw with Norwich.
He is out of contract this summer, with the club holding the option to extend his deal by a further month.
You may also want to watch:
Also in action for the Under 23s this evening, in their game against Nottingham Forest at Portman Road, will be midfielders Tristan Nydam and Idris El Mizouni.
Town have already been confirmed winners of the Professional Development League Two South division, while Forest have won their last three games on the spin and sit sixth in the north division.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
Tonight’s game at Portman Road is the final match of the regular season, with details regarding the U23s’ play-off fixtures against sides in the northern division to be announced in due course.