Tom Daley and Rebecca Gallantree fail to shine
BRITISH Olympic hope Tom Daley failed, along with Rebecca Gallantree, to get Team GB’s medal push at the European Diving Championships in Holland last night.
The duo finished sixth in Eindhoven in the non-Olympic team event to begin the six-day event at the Pieter van den Hoogenband Centre.
Both divers struggled and Daley missed his final dive from the platform, to finish well out of the medals.
“We both thoroughly enjoyed the competition but we fell short of the expected outcome,” Gallantree said.
“There were a couple of dropped dives tonight but it was a really good warm-up for our main events later in the week.”
You may also want to watch:
France pairing Audrey Labeau and Matthieu Rossett claimed gold ahead of Ukraine and Russia.
Meanwhile, Monique Gladding competes at the European Diving Championships today just 15 months after her near-death experience.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Gladding hit her head on the 10 metre platform in Russia, plummeted unconscious into the water and had to be rescued by her team-mate, Nick Robinson-Baker, who pulled her to safety.
Gladding revealed she was 10 seconds from dying and was left with a large head wound that had threatened to end her career.
However, she returned to competition this year and reached the World Cup final at the Olympic Aquatics Centre in February, raising hopes that she can threaten the medals in Eindhoven, ahead of the Olympic qualifiers next month.