Tom Eastman admits he has “come of age”
TOM Eastman has come a long way in a short space of time.
Recruited from Ipswich Town last summer, Eastman had to bide his time during the first half of the season, with just the occasional appearance in the first team.
But the 20-year-old has played the U’s last nine games, and is improving with every passing week.
His partnership with Magnus Okuonghae in the heart of defence is beginning to blossom, and the duo deserved their clean-sheet against Preston on Saturday, in a 3-0 win.
Eastman enthused: “This was a big win for us, a clean-sheet and a good result.
You may also want to watch:
“Me and Mags (Magnus), and the whole back four, stayed strong, so that they couldn’t bully us, which is what I’m sure they were trying to do.
“The more Mags and I play together, the more we get to know each other’s games. I’m enjoying playing with him and hopefully we can take this partnership on.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
“I think I’ve come of age recently, which I’ve needed to do. I’ve got to be a big, strong defender.
“I was looking for games, coming to Colchester. It was a slow start to the season, but I’m kicking on now.
“I got my first cut, and my first stitches, on Tuesday night (at Oldham), but I was glad to be playing again and I’m looking forward to Charlton on Tuesday night.
They are flying, but we have nothing to lose and we are looking to push on,” added Eastman.