Tom Eastman delighted to sign new deal at Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Eastman has expressed his delight at today signing a new deal at Colchester United, which will keep him with the U’s beyond this season.
Eastman’s current contract was set to expire at the end of this term, but the ex-Ipswich Town defender put pen to paper on a new deal this lunchtime, extending his stay for the following year, up until the end of the 2015-16 campaign.
“It’s good to get the new contract out of the way early on this season,” enthused Eastman.
“My contract was up at the end of the season, so it’s nice to get it off the plate, so that I can now concentrate on playing football.
“I’m pleased to be still here, at Colchester United, and it’s nice to secure some security for my girlfriend and child.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m a local boy, so I enjoying playing for Colchester,” added centre-half Eastman.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery