Tom Wray leaves Leiston
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
LEISTON defender Tom Wray has left the Ryman League Premier Division club.
Wray, who signed for Leiston from Brantham Athletic in May following their promotion as champions of Ryman Division One North, has joined EVO STIK South & West Division One Didcot Town, who play at Step Four level.
Wray, who has not featured for Leiston since early in the season, has been working in Oxfordshire and after Didcot Town contacted the Suffolk side both clubs agreed an amicable cancellation of his contract.
A Leiston spokesman said: “The club would like to thank Tom for his efforts during his short stay with Leiston FC and wish him the very best at Didcot Town.”
Wray played a key role in Brantham finishing third in the Ridgeons League Premier Division last season.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old had previously joined Leeds United as a youngster and played for the Elland Road club at both Under-17 and Under-19 level.
He then moved back to his native Ireland and played for Institute, Dungannon FC and Ballymena – and appeared in the Intertoto Cup against Keflavik FC of Iceland and the Irish Cup final for Dungannon FC against Lingfield.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am