Watch youngster Hughes score incredible winner from halfway line as U18s come from behind to win
- Credit: Archant
Academy youngster Tommy Hughes scored the winning goal from inside his own half as Ipswich Town’s Under 18s came back from 2-0 down to secure a 3-2 victory away at Birmingham yesterday.
The Young Blues found themselves trailing by two goals before Armando Dobra, who recently signed a professional deal, levelled matters for Adem Atay and Kieron Dyer’s side.
But the best was yet to come as Hughes, who has played for the club’s Under 23s this season, spotted the goalkeeper off his line and lifted the ball into the back of the net superbly from just inside his own half.
It’s the second league game in a row in which the Blues have come from two goals down to win, having beaten Bolton 6-2 at Playford Road last weekend.
The Under 18s were knocked out of the Suffolk Premier Cup by Leiston’s senior side in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
U18s: Alley, Viral, Wyss, Hughes, Henderson, Fehrenbach, Ruffles, Foudil, Z Brown, Dobra, Simpson
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Ipswich Hospital confirms 'significant' Covid outbreak in past fortnight
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 'They don't trust me and I don't trust them' - Cook on 'jittery' atmosphere
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Could this pub be the hottest new place to eat in Suffolk?