Tonia Couch will appeal non-selection for individual event
TONIA COUCH has won the right to have her non-selection at this summer’s Olympic Games heard by an independent panel.
Diver, Couch missed out to Monique Gladding for selection in the individual 10 metre platform event, being chosen instead alongside Sarah Barrow in the platform synchro.
Couch challenged the decision to select Gladding, who has fought back from a life-threatening head injury – sustained in the pool – to compete, and an appeal will be held in due course.
British Diving have confirmed their 12-strong squad for London with Tom Daley the poster boy of the group.
Couch’s coach Andy Banks indicated an appeal would be likely on June 11: “I feel, quite strongly, that she Couch has demonstrated over the course of this year that she is still the UK’s premier platform diver – she has been since 2008.”
You may also want to watch:
Couch defeated Gladding into third place at the British Gas Diving Championships earlier this month.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run