Tony Humes praises Colchester United’s four-goal star Macauley Bonne
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, praised Macauley Bonne for his four-goal performance in this afternoon’s 6-2 win at Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Cup.
Striker Bonne netted four goals, with George Moncur and Marvin Sordell also on target, in a convincing win at Grosvenor Vale.
“Macauley is a natural goalscorer, and it’s terrific that he has scored four goals today,” said Humes.
“He took his chances, and he could have had a few more as well.
“All in all, it was a fantastic atmosphere all afternoon, and Wealdstone were great hosts.”
You may also want to watch:
Humes continued: “We had so many chances that we didn’t take in the first half. I think we had about 10 of them that we didn’t take!
“But I think the early goal in the second half knocked Wealdstone back a little, and in the end it was a very professional performance from us in the second half.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Northampton Town 3-0 Ipswich Town: Another night of misery for Blues as goal drought goes on
“However, we gave away two soft goals, with a silly penalty (scored by Jefferson Louis) and then conceding another goal when not dealing with a set piece (Bradley Hudson-Odoi goal).
“But I was not fearing the worst, when we were 2-1 down, because I felt we were in control of the game,” added Humes.