Butcher on his Blues return, Idris at the U’s, Hogg departs and more – The top five Town stories of the week
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another busy week at Portman Road. Mark Heath takes a look at the Town stories which got the most interest online....
The runaway winner for most-read story this week was our chat with Terry Butcher about his new coaching role at Town.
The Ipswich and England icon will be helping out with the club's U18 and U23 sides on a part-time basis.
Coming in second was our look at young Town star Idris El-Mizouni, who's currently on loan at League Two Cambridge United.
The creative midfielder is drawing rave reviews at the Abbey Stadium.
MORE: 'A different gravy, a diamond and too good for League Two' - how El Mizouni's Cambridge loan is pushing him towards Town's first team Third was the news that Town have lost highly-regarded youth coach Chris Hogg to Newcastle United.Hogg, a former defender who came through the ranks at the club's academy having joined from York in the early 2000s, had been leading Town's Under 23s alongside Gerard Nash.MORE: Ipswich lose highly-regarded coach Hogg to Premier League side Next up was our look back at great Town goal celebrations, following Alan Judge's boot-throwing after his strike against Burton.Obviously, Shefki Kuqi's swan dive and Hermann Hreidarsson's leap into the fans were both included in our celebration Hall of Fame, plus many more.MORE: Crowd surfing, snooker playing and winning £10 from a TV show - Judge now joins the Ipswich Town celebration hall of fame
You may also want to watch:
And finally, despite the fact it only happened today, Sunderland's signing of a new centre back also made the top five.
The reason? It was a certain Mr Tommy Smith....
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 8 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 9 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 10 One person taken to hospital after A12 crash