Top Italian star banned for two years
TOP Italian star Danilo Di Luca has received a two-year ban by the Italian Olympic Committee.He got the ban for a positive doping test after testing positive for CERA, a version of EPO, the blood booster.
TOP Italian star Danilo Di Luca has received a two-year ban by the Italian Olympic Committee.
He got the ban for a positive doping test after testing positive for CERA, a version of EPO, the blood booster.
The test took place during the Giro d'Italia last year, a competition he won in 2007.
He was also fined 280,000 euros.
You may also want to watch:
Di Luca is set to appeal and said: “It will not be the end of my career, I still have a lot to give.
“I am convinced I will be able to return before two years.”
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery