Blues complete signing of Shrewsbury duo Nolan and Nsiala in combined £2m deal
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have this morning completed the double signing of Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury Town.
The duo were key members of Ipswich boss Paul Hurst’s Shrewsbury side which reached two Wembley finals last season and are now reunited with their former boss at Portman Road.
They arrive for a combined £2million, having put in formal transfer requests to force through their moves to Portman Road.
Nolan and Nsiala, both 26, have been in Ipswich since the start of this week to discuss personal terms and complete medicals.
That process was completed yesterday, with the move announced today following the departure of Martyn Waghorn to Derby for an initial £5m.
Both players have signed three-year deals at Portman Road, with the club holding the option to extend their contracts for a further 12 months.
Nolan will wear the No.11 shirt at Portman Road with Nsiala taking 22, having worn that number at Shrewsbury and Grimsby.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 5 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 7 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 8 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 9 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 10 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
Both could make their Ipswich debuts on Saturday when the Blues head to Rotherham - the side which beat the Shrews in last season’s League One Play-Off Final.
The duo’s arrival is not expected to be the end of Ipswich’s attempts to add to the squad ahead of tomorrow’s 5pm deadline for permanent moves.
Accrington Stanley striker Kayden Jackson is heading for Suffolk today to complete his move, thought to ultimately be worth in the region of £2million once all add-ons are taken into account, while the Blues are known to have submitted a £1.2million offer for Rangers forward Josh Windass.