Watch: Re-watch the action as Ipswich Town Under 23s are beaten by Nottingham Forest
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town’s Under 23s were beaten 3-1 by Nottingham Forest at Portman Road this evening.
Toto Nsiala and Will Keane both played for Gerard Nash's side, as they bid for fitness and a return to Paul Lambert's first-team.
Nsiala had not played competetively for the Blues this season after suffering a hamstring injury at the Interwetten Cup, while Keane has played just 45 minutes for the Under 23s in their loss to Leeds last week.
Also making a return from injury is Ben Folami, who missed all of last season with a damaged achilles tendon.
MORE: 'He perhaps shouldn't be playing at this level... competition keeps you hungry' - Norwood and Jackson excited by Keane signingIdris El Mizouni asalso involved, scoring Town's goal, while trialist George Heaven got another outing as he bids to impress.
The was broadcast live via the club's Facebook page, which you can watch above.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town U23s: Wright, Crowe, Clements (c), Heaven, Nsiala, Ndaba, El Mizouni, Scott, Keane, McGavin, Folami. Subs: Alley, Cotter, Simpson, K Brown, Foudil.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health