‘Every time I’ve called on Toto he’s never really let us down’ - Lambert’s praise for Nsiala
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert believes Toto Nsiala has made good progress during a tough first season at Ipswich Town and believes the central defender’s best is yet to come.
Nsiala, signed from Shrewsbury in the summer, has played 16 times for the Blues this season and at one stage went more than two months without a game following Lambert’s appointment at the end of October.
He’s had tough moments in games and has had to adapt given Lambert’s desire for his defenders to play the ball out from the back, but has made steady improvements and looked assured as a starter in Tuesday’s draw with Bristol City.
“Every time I’ve called on Toto he’s never really let us down,” Lambert said.
“(Matthew) Pennington has been outstanding with it but Toto hasn’t let us down when he came in. I thought he had a good game the other night.
“You might not see the best of a lot of these guys until their second season.
“With Toto, when I play him I have a rough idea of what I’m going to get.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 7 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
“Toto for me is getting better. He’s probably had to adjust to playing a bit differently to what he’s done before but he’s definitely getting better and he’s a good kid.”
Nsiala will hope to keep his place in the Ipswich side this afternoon, with Matthew Pennington ready to return following a bout of illness.