Tottenham want �10m Samba
HARRY Redknapp hopes to solve his defensive crisis by signing Blackburn's Christopher Samba in a �10million swoop. (The Sun)But the Tottenham boss looks set to miss out on Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben.
HARRY Redknapp hopes to solve his defensive crisis by signing Blackburn's Christopher Samba in a �10million swoop. (The Sun)
But the Tottenham boss looks set to miss out on Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben.
Former Chelsea ace Robben insists he will only join a club who are in the Champions League.
Redknapp has turned to Congo star Samba after his three senior centre-backs were ruled out for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Woodgate needs surgery on a groin injury, Michael Dawson is sidelined until next month with Achilles trouble and Ledley King has missed most of pre-season with his long-standing knee problem.
Samba, 25, has been a big hit since arriving from Germans Hertha Berlin for �400,000 in 2007.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 5 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 6 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Karl Fuller: 'We should bottle the feeling of our last five days'
Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce will not want to lose 6ft 4in defender Samba but knows his club cannot afford to turn down Spurs' bid - despite the �18m sale of Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City last month.
Redknapp was set to blood Dorian Dervite, 21, but has changed his mind after the rookie struggled against Celtic in a pre-season friendly.
Robben has been strongly linked with a move to White Hart Lane after failing to secure a regular starting place at the Bernabeu.
And the Dutch star has slipped further down the pecking order with Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka arriving this summer.
But Robben, 25, said: “With all the respect in the world, I have decided not to join Tottenham.
“I hope to achieve a lot with Real Madrid. The only thing I would consider is a move to another club in the Champions League.”