Tough away draws for Suffolk sides in FA Cup
SUFFOLK’S two remaining sides have been handed tough away draws while both non-league Essex sides will be at home in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Yesterday’s draw actually threw up an Esssex versus Suffolk derby as it pitted Blue Square Bet Premier Braintree Town at home to their Ryman League Premier Division Suffolk neighbours Lowestoft Town, who won 1-0 at St Albans on Saturday.
Joint Lowestoft manager Ady Gallagher said: “It is another away tie for us, but that is the way it is going for us at the moment. It seems every round of every cup is away, but you have to deal with it.
“But it is not a million miles away - some of our league games are further - so it will be a good test for us.
“It is a massive game against good opposition - any team away from home who are two leagues higher is going to be a difficult draw.”
You may also want to watch:
Bury Town’s reward for their impressive 4-0 victory over Hampton & Richmond Borough is a trip to Dorchester Town, who currently sit second in Blue Square Bet South.
Bury manager Richard Wilkins said: “We could not have had a much further trip than Dorchester away so it is not the best we could have got.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
“We have previously had three home draws on the trot, so we were due an away tie but it could have been kinder to us. But we will go there and hopefully play to the levels that we did on Saturday.”
Chelmsford City, who are fourth in Blue Square Bet South, have been drawn at home to East Thurrock United, who are 11th in the Ryman League Premier Division at present.
Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division sole survivors Dereham Town will be away to South Park, if they can overcome Metropolitan Police in tomorrow night’s replay after Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Aldiss Park. Surrey-based South Park play in the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League Premier Division.
After pocketing �7,500 for winning through the third qualifying round clubs will be competing for a purse of �12,500 for each of the winning sides in the fourth qualifying round.
FA Cup fourth qualifying round draw (selected ties only): Braintree Town v Lowestoft Town, Cambridge United v Luton Town, Chelmsford City v East Thurrock United, Dorchester Town v Bury Town, Histon or Corby Town v Eastbourne Borough or Hendon, South Park v Dereham Town or Metropolitan Police.
Ties are scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 20.