Tough night for reserve Chris
IPSWICH Witches reserve Chris Schramm endured a difficult night against Poole at Foxhall Stadium.The 10-point victory for the visitors saw them gain a thoroughly deserved three points, but for Schramm it was the first time he had failed to score for the Witches all season.
IPSWICH Witches reserve Chris Schramm endured a difficult night against Poole at Foxhall Stadium.
The 10-point victory for the visitors saw them gain a thoroughly deserved three points, but for Schramm it was the first time he had failed to score for the Witches all season.
“It's been a very difficult night, but I haven't ridden a bike in anger for more than three weeks,” Schramm said.
“It's completely mad and far too long a time to have off because you lose your reactions and your aggression.
“The team lost its momentum and when Poole got in front they were simply too fast”.
Poole's Bjarne Pedersen said: “It is always a bit of a shock for the home team when they lose and everyone looks for the reasons why.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
“We lost to Peterborough last week, when we should have won, and there were a few words said because we like to think we are one of the top teams.
“This result tonight was very important because Ipswich are a very strong team, but that's the way the season seems to be going in England, with so many away victories.”