Fen Tigers ready for the Eagles challenge
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers face their toughest challenge yet this Sunday (3pm) without Sam Bebee and Jordan Jenkins, but with Danny Ayres back in the fold following his absence last week.
Eastbourne Eagles are the visitors to West Row for a National trophy fixture and will be led by a powerful top three of Mark Baseby, Tom Brennan and Georgie Wood.
The Fen Tigers have however had to put on hold the signing of Danny Halsey as the popular ex-Fen Tiger is not quite ready to return to the sport just yet with Mildenhall now looking to bring him into the side for the Plymouth home fixture on May 27.
With this in mind club promoter Kevin Jolly has moved quickly to secure the services of Kent’s Nathan Stoneman as cover for Jenkins and will operate Rider Replacement for Bebee.
Stoneman is well known to Mildenhall fans as he started his career with the Fen Tigers in their all-conquering 2012 Grand Slam and impressed everyone before suffering a season ending injury at Scunthorpe.
You may also want to watch:
“This will be our hardest fixture to date I am sure, meetings with Eastbourne are always exciting with no quarter given,” Jolly said.
“We are well placed in our National Trophy group but must not take our foot off the pedal and Sunday’s meeting and Mondays at Kent are important if we are to continue our defence of the National Trophy.”
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 8 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
“With Danny’s (Halsey) return on hold for now, I am pleased that Nathan (Stoneman) has accepted the booking, he is a 100% trier who gives everything and is just the type of rider we need for Sunday. We performed well last Sunday in difficult circumstances.”
Fen Tigers: 1. Josh Bailey 8.87, 2. Sam Bebee R/R 3.00, 3. Nathan Stoneman (G) 7.19, 4. Ryan Kinsley 4.53, 5. Danny Ayres 8.38, 6. Drew Kemp 3.00, 7. Matt Marson 3.00 TM - Phil Kirk
Eastbourne: 1. Mark Baseby (C) 8.65, 2. Kelsey Dugard R/R 3.50, 3. Tom Brennan 7.21, 4. Charley Powell 5.62, 5. Georgie Wood 7.61, 6. Jason Edwards 3.00, 7. Charlie Brooks 3.00 TM Connor Dugard