Tour De France hero Cavendish set to race in the Tour of Britain
TOUR DE FRANCE hero Mark Cavendish will compete in this year’s Tour of Britain which arrives in the region on September 17.
TOUR DE FRANCE hero Mark Cavendish will compete in this year’s Tour of Britain which arrives in Suffolk on September 17.
Cavendish, who has won 20 stages of the Tour De France, last rode in the Tour of Britain five years ago when he won two stages of the race.
The Manxman, the winner of this year’s green jersey, will race for the HTC Highroad team when the event begins on Saturday in the Scottish Borders.
The event will move to Bury St Edmunds for the start of the seventh stage on September 17. The 200 km stage passes through Ipswich and parts of Suffolk before it finishes in Sandringham, Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
“As a team we have worked hard over the past fortnight to ensure that Mark Cavendish rides The Tour of Britain,” said race director Mick Bennett.
“Mark’s addition to the start list will ensure that the sprints are hotly contested.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One