A-Z Of Ipswich Town: G is for George Burley
- Credit: Archant
Over the course of the off-season, we’ll be bringing you some superb nostalgia videos looking at the A-Z of Ipswich Town.
Today is G - which of course has to be George Burley.
Burley has served the club as both player and boss, and enjoyed success as both.
First of all, he was part of the 1978 FA Cup winning squad, before going on to pick up a UEFA Cup winners medal in 1981, although he missed the final.
And when he came back to the club as manager he made his mark again, guiding the Blues to the Premier League in 2000 and then a remarkable fifth place finish the following season.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Burley? Let us know below!
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found