Watch: Town hit a quickfire double to grab a much-needed win at Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town came from behind to win 2-1 at Plymouth Argyle yesterday - you can watch the highlights here...
The Blues trailed early doors, as Plymouth’s Luke Jephcott struck after just 14 minutes.
But Town kept fighting and, after the home side’s Danny Mayor was sent off for his second bookable offence with 20 minutes left, Paul Lambert’s men quickly capitalised.
First, Jon Nolan met Stephen Ward’s cross and finished well on the volley.
Then, barely a minute later, Ward again crossed, Oli Hawkins chested the ball back and Kayden Jackson fired home to put Town ahead to stay.
The Blues, who are now up to third in League One, return home next Saturday to face fellow promotion-chasers Portsmouth, in front of 2,000 fans - the first supporters at Portman Road since March 7.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 9 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour