Town boss considers keeper switch
JIM Magilton is considering dropping keeper Neil Alexander and bringing in Shane Supple for Saturday's Championship clash with Coventry City.The Blues boss has been less than pleased with the Scotland international keeper in the past couple of games and has said he is looking at recalling young Irishman Supple to the number one spot.
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton is considering dropping keeper Neil Alexander and bringing in Shane Supple for Saturday's championship clash with Coventry City.
The Blues boss has been less than pleased with the Scotland international keeper in the past couple of games and has said he is looking at recalling young Irishman Supple.
While Magilton is sympathetic to Alexander whose wife is expecting their second child at any moment, he is prepared to make tough decisions.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton said: “Neil is a very, very good goalkeeper but he had an indifferent game on Saturday. He is an experienced keeper and when a keeper has a bad day at the office it generally means a bad day for all of us.
“Shane Supple is more than ready to come in and play and I know Supple is ready to come in and play.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“We want that pressure on everyone and if they have a couple of slip ups some is ready to take their place.
“Alex knows he can't afford to have any more.”
Magilton has also warned Dan Harding that he needs to up his game.