Town get home draw in FA Cup first round
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town will host fellow League One big boys Portsmouth in the first round of this season’s FA Cup.
Paul Lambert’s men drew Pompey, who currently sit a place below Town, fifth in the League One table, out of the hat in this evening’s draw, live on BBC Two.
Kenny Jackett’s squad have won four, drawn two and lost two of their opening eight league games.
Pompey are in good form though, having won four out of their last five clashes, and enjoyed a 3-1 triumph at Sunderland on Saturday.
Town went out at the second round stage last season, losing a replay 2-1 to Coventry City at Portman Road. They famously won the trophy back in 1978.
You may also want to watch:
Ties are due to be played on the weekend of November 7/8. The FA confirmed tonight that no fans will be at any of the games.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners