‘It’s only a tinpot trophy anyway. Sunday’s much more important’ - Town fans on defeat to Arsenal U21s
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans have been reacting to tonight’s 2-1 defeat to Arsenal’s U21 side in the EFL Trophy opener - here’s a taste of what they’re saying.
The Blues couldn’t carry on the momentum of their good start on Saturday, when they beat Bristol Rovers 3-0 in the Carabao Cup, despite going a goal ahead in tonight’s clash at Portman Road.
Jon Nolan gave them the lead halfway through the first half, before George Lewis levelled on the stroke of half-time.
Flo Balogun put the young Gunners ahead to stay in the second period and, while Town came close to equalising on several occasions, they couldn’t find the leveller.
The Blues can now look forward to the start of their League One campaign, as Wigan visit Portman Road on Sunday, for a match which is being shown live on Sky Sports.
You may also want to watch:
Their next EFL Trophy match is on October 6, when they host Gillingham.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years