Town Fuller Play-Off hopes
Ipswich 2 Leicester 0GOALS from Owen Garvan and debut-making Ricardo Fuller gave Ipswich Town three points in this Championship fixture at Portman Road today.
By Elvin King
Ipswich 2 Leicester 0
GOALS from Owen Garvan and debut-making Ricardo Fuller gave Ipswich Town three points in this Championship fixture at Portman Road today.
Both goals came from left-wing corners taken by Darren Currie in the second period after a first half that was easily forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
Garvan struck in the 52nd minute and Fuller five minutes from the end with Ipswich working hard to achieve a victory in difficult blustery conditions.
The home defence deserves praise for keeping a clean sheet, as the Blues kept on course for a late charge for a play-off place - pulling further ahead of local rivals Norwich in the process.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
Keeper Shane Supple had a good sound match and along with midfielder Garvan must surely have impressed former Town manager Sir Bobby Robson, who was in the directors' box. Robson is working with Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton and Town's two youngsters are likely to feature in the Irish plans in the not too distant future.