Town get back to winning ways
IPSWICH Town got back to winning ways with a 3-1 win at home to Leicester City tonight.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 3 Leicester City 1
Ipswich Town extended their unbeaten home run to 14 matches against ten-man Leicester tonight.
Pablo Counago, Alan Lee and Jon Walters all scored - they are now on nine goals each - with Iain Hume netting for the Foxes in front of just 17,938 fans at Portman Road.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Haynes made his first start of the season and was instrumental in Town's opener after 19 minutes.
He pulled the ball back for Pablo Counago to finish from six yards for his ninth goal of the season.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
The duo combined six minutes before the break to win a highly-contentious penalty which also saw City defender Patrick Kisnorbo dismissed.
Alan Lee made up for his miss on Saturday by beating Marton Fulop to give Town a 2-1 half-time lead.
The Foxes had earlier equalised when Iain Hume took advantage of some slack defending to get on the end of a Stephen Clemence header from the halfway line before chipping the hapless Neil Alexander.
While never really impressing, Ipswich took advantage of the superior numbers and Jon Walters got Town's third after a Pablo Counago header from David Wright's cross was blocked and fell to the Town attacker.