Town hit the high spot
Ipswich 5 Barnsley 1IPSWICH Town hit the high spots with a magnificent display that gave their fans an Easter treat at Portman Road this afternoon.
Ipswich 5 Barnsley 1
IPSWICH Town hit the high spots with a magnificent display that gave their fans an Easter treat at Portman Road this afternoon.
The Blues thrashed lowly Barnsley and it could easily have been a much bigger Championship win with Town striking the bar twice.
Town move back above Norwich, and the crusade to sell season tickets for next season took a big boost.
You may also want to watch:
Town took the lead inside two minutes when Jaime Peters sent up Gary Roberts, and it was George O'Callaghan who scored Town's second just before the interval with an accurate low 18-yarder.
After substitute Daniel Nardiello pulled back a 79th minute goal straight from a free-kick, Town's second half substitutes Danny Haynes and Francis Jeffers found the net before Jonathan Walters put the icing on the cake with a stoppage time fifth goal.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named