Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues keen on Huddersfield striker Quaner
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are hoping to sign Huddersfield Town striker Collin Quaner on loan, reports the Sunday Mirror.
The 6ft 3in front man joined the Terriers midway through their Championship promotion campaign of 2016/17 from German second-tier club Union Berlin.
He made 13 starts and 13 substitute appearances in the Premier League for David Wagner’s men last season, but has been restricted to just two appearances off the bench in 2018/19.
The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that the 27-year-old, who is contracted at Kirklees Stadium until 2020, is a player on Paul Lambert’s wish list.
The Blues boss has said he wants to strengthen all areas of his struggling squad this month and did not mince his words following yesterday’s 1-0 FA Cup defeat at League One side Accrington Stanley.
Lambert has so far signed left-back Callum Elder and striker Will Keane on loan from Leicester and Hull respectively.
That takes his number of loan players up to four, along with Matthew Pennington and Trevoh Chalobah, with Championship clubs allowed to name a maximum of five in any matchday squad.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
MORE: Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town’s 1-0 defeat at Accrington Stanley in the FA Cup
Town are also understood to be in talks with Cardiff City winger Anthony Pilkington about a loan switch.
The Sunday Mirror also reports that Town are keeping tabs on Boreham Wood goalkeeper Ryan Huddart. The 21-year-old joined the Natioanl league side after being released by Arsenal back in the summer.
The Blues are 10 points adrift of safety at the bottom of the Championship table heading into next Saturday’s home game with Rotherham.