Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked to Halifax striker
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are said to ‘be among a number of Football League clubs chasing’ Halifax striker Liam McAlinden.
That's according to website Football Insider, who also report that table-topping League Two side Swindon Town are eyeing a move for the front man.
McAlinden, 26, has scored 10 goals in 20 starts and six substitute appearances for Halifax in the National League this season.
Having moved to the West Yorkshire side from Cheltenham in the summer, his short-term deal expires this weekend and it looks like the former Wolves academy graduate, who had spells at Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Crawley and Exeter, could be set for a return to the Football League.
The 6ft 1in striker won caps at Under-21 level with both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Paul Lambert's striking options at present consist of James Norwood, Kayden Jackson, Will Keane, Freddie Sears, Jordan Roberts, Aaron Drinan, Ben Folami and Ben Morris.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich