Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with ex-Canary striker Jerome
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town are said to be mulling a move for ex-Norwich striker Cameron Jerome ahead of the deadline for loan deals this Friday.
Jerome, 32, left Norwich for Derby in a £1.5m move in January, but has yet to play under new Rams’ boss Frank Lampard, who has a fleet of expensive attacking options at his disposal.
The ex-Canary hitman scored six goals in 20 games (10 starts) after arriving at Pride Park last season.
According to the Daily Mirror, Town are one of a number of clubs – including QPR, Reading, Hull, Blackburn and Reading – in the market for Jerome.
MORE: Town sign winger Graham
Town yesterday signed Wolves winger Jordan Graham on a season-long loan and are working on finally bringing Blackpool centre-back Curtis Tilt – long a target of boss Paul Hurst – to Portman Road after a long-running saga.
You may also want to watch:
Signing a striker too would also make sense, but with Jerome reportedly on big wages at the Rams, that could well be an issue for Town – and makes the move appear unlikely.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery