Town to explore other striker options after putting Tom Elliott deal ‘on hold’
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town will explore other striker options after deciding to put a loan move for Millwall striker Tom Elliott ‘on hold’.
The Blues agreed to take the 28-year-old front man on a season-long loan when negotiating keeper Bartosz Bialkowski's switch to The Den.
Elliott underwent a medical at Portman Road yesterday with the Blues keen to get a good diagnosis of the hamstring injury he suffered at the start of pre-season.
Town have subsequently decided that Elliott will take longer to recover than first hoped and decided not to proceed with the deal.
The move is not completely dead in the water, and could yet be revisited, but Town boss Paul Lambert has decided to weigh up other options for the time being.
Town were last night linked with Blackburn striker Joe Nuttall, the 22-year-old said to be a target of League One rivals Blackpool.
Keeper Will Norris became Town's fifth summer signing earlier today, the 25-year-old arriving on a season-long loan from Wolves today has
IPSWICH TOWN'S 2019 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 6 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 7 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
INS (5): James Norwood (Tranmere, Bosman free), Tomas Holy (Gillingham, Bosman free), Luke Garbutt (Everton, loan), Will Norris (Wolves, loan), Adam Przybek (West Brom, free).
OUTS (15): Bartosz Bialkowski (Millwall, loan), Dean Gerken (released), Jordan Spence (released), James Bree (loan expired), Matthew Pennington (loan expired), James Collins (released), Jonas Knudsen (released, signed for Malmo), Callum Elder (loan expired), Trevoh Chalobah (loan expired), Tom Adeyemi (released), Grant Ward (released), Simon Dawkins (released), Ellis Harrison (Portsmouth, £500k), Will Keane (loan expired), Collin Quaner (loan expired).
IPSWICH TOWN FIRST TEAM SQUAD AS IT STANDS (28)
Holy, Norris; Emmanuel, Donacien, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Kenlock, Nydam, Clements; Judge, Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, El Mizouni, Huws; Edwards, Lankester, Rowe, Garbutt, Dobra; Norwood, Jackson, Sears, Roberts.