Ipswich Town loan trio all eligible to play in FA Cup this weekend
Ipswich Town will allow loan trio Josh Emmanuel, Luke Woolfenden and Ben Morris to feature in the FA Cup for their loan clubs this weekend.
It means the young trio are on season-long loans at Shrewsbury Town, Swindon Town and Forest Green Rovers respectively, but the Blues have the option to recall them all in January should they wish.
If any of them feature in the FA Cup this weekend then they would be Cup-tied for Ipswich come third round weekend (January 5).
Speaking at last week’s Supporters’ Club AGM, academy manager Lee O’Neill said it would be unfair to expect new boss Paul Lambert and his staff to make a judgement on any of the club’s players out on loan just yet.
You may also want to watch:
The 21-year-old right-back has started 12 games at League One side Shrewsbury so far – the Shropshire club having struggled since John Askey replaced Paul Hurst in the hot-seat.
The Shrews host ambitious non-league club Salford City tomorrow afternoon in the FA Cup first round.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
The 20-year-old defender has started nine games for League Two club Swindon Town and come in for some high praise from experienced manager Phil Brown.
The Robins host Conference North side York City tomorrow.
The 19-year-old striker, who was in the England U19 squad back in the summer, has been limited to just one substitute appearance in League Two for Forest Green Rovers. His three starts were all in the Football League Trophy.
The Gloucestershire side travel to League One outfit Oxford United tomorrow.
The 19-year-old midfielder, whose loan ends in January, is playing in Scotland for St Johnstone.
The England U19 international finally made his first start for the SPL side last weekend, playing his part in a 1-0 win at Hibernian. Prior to that he had been restricted to just three sub appearances.
The Irish striker, on loan at National league side Sutton United, can be recalled at any time due to the fact he is at a non-league club.
He’s been in and out of their team (10 starts and eight substitute appearances).
Is already cup-tied as he scored a dramatic 93rd minute winner in the fourth qualifying round at Wealdstone. Sutton host Slough Town tomorrow.