Town lose on penalties again
IPSWICH Town's Carling Cup hoodoo against lower league opposition continued tonight as they went out on penalties to the MK Dons.Dan Harding missed the crucial spot-kick as the home side won the shoot-out 5-3 after a 3-3 draw after extra time.
IPSWICH Town's Carling Cup hoodoo against lower league opposition continued tonight as they went out on penalties to the MK Dons.
Dan Harding missed the crucial spot-kick as the home side won the shoot-out 5-3 after a 3-3 draw after extra time.
Town had looked to have done enough in extra-time after Owen Garvan's strike gave them a 3-2 lead. But a Kevin Gallen penalty in the dying seconds took the match to penalties.
The Blues made a terrible start at the newly opened Stadium: MK, going 2-0 down in the first half-hour.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Ince's men were ahead after just 16 minutes and Town's misery was compounded on 22 when Alex Bruce put through his own net to give the Blues a mountain to climb.
But Town rallied and gave the travelling support hope when last season's top scorer Alan Lee stroked in his second penalty in successive games, on the stroke of half-time.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
Ipswich then found an equaliser when the MK Don's Kieran Murphy put through his own net on 55.
They looked to have won the game when Owen Garvan scored eight minutes into stoppage time but penalties once again proved their downfall