Town lose opening game of new season
Ipswich Town 1 Crystal Palace 2JIM Magilton's managerial reign at Ipswich got off to a losing start against one of the promotion favourites. Nicky Forster out the Blues ahead on the half-hour with a superbly taken goal after he got the better of Palace centre-half Mark Hudson.
Ipswich Town 1 Crystal Palace 2
JIM Magilton's managerial reign at Ipswich got off to a losing start against one of the promotion favourites.
Nicky Forster out the Blues ahead on the half-hour with a superbly taken goal after he got the better of Palace centre-half Mark Hudson.
But two goals in as many minutes put Palace ahead with Jobi McAnuff equalising 13 minutes after the break when he pounced on a loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
Town went behind on the hour when Mark Hudson headed down a free kick and although Richard Naylor tried to clear off the line, the ball was bundled in with James Scowcroft claiming the goal against his old club.
The club's new president Sir Bobby Robson, was presented to the fans before the game started but was taken ill ten minutes after kick off and taken to hospital by paramedics as a precaution.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?