Town offer fan a place in squad
IPSWICH Town boss Jim Magilton is thanking the support of the Blue Army by offering one member a place in the Town first-team squad next season.The club in association with the East Anglian Daily Times and E.
IPSWICH Town boss Jim Magilton is thanking the support of the Blue Army by offering one member a place in the Town first-team squad next season.
The club in association with the East Anglian Daily Times and E.ON are again asking supporters to get right behind the team against Hull on Sunday by holding blue cards aloft as the players come out of the tunnel before kick-off, making it a blue-tiful day at Portman Road.
It proved a success against Norwich with Town going on to win 2-1, and Magilton is keen to see a repeat performance - but this time there is a fantastic reward for one Blue Army member.
Fans are invited to fill in the bottom of the blue card and send it to the address shown or drop it in at any of the Planet Blue stores.
Jim will then select a card at random and that supporter will be invited to attend the Club's photo-call before the start of next season and appear in an Ipswich Town first-team squad photo.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
The picture will be framed and signed by the players and manager and will be presented to the winner by the Town boss.
Magilton said: “Our fans have been magnificent this year and we all noticed the blue cards at the Norwich game and the fantastic atmosphere the supporters created. The noise could be heard in our dressing-room and really added to the occasion. We need to turn the volume up again on Sunday. It's a football cliché but it's right, supporters really can be the 12th man.”
The blue cards will be given out on all turnstiles at Sunday's match, which kicks-off at 2pm.
The East Anglian Daily Times promotion team will also be outside Portman Road handing out goody bags to Blues fans.