Town pick up first point of the season
Ipswich Town 0 Hull City 0IN front of their lowest league crowd for several years, Ipswich managed their first scoreless draw in 47 league games.The Blues looked the more likely to score in an uninspiring game against a Hull side that showed little enterprise in the second half.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 0 Hull City 0
IN front of their lowest league crowd for several years, Ipswich managed their first scoreless draw in 47 league games.
The Blues looked the more likely to score in an uninspiring game against a Hull side that showed little enterprise in the second half.
It was the first-ever Championship points for Jim Magilton and Phil Parkinson as managers and it was enough to lift the teams off the bottom of the table.
Mark Noble and Simon Walton were both handed debuts, after signing on loan from West Ham and Charlton respectively, on Friday as Magilton rang the changes from the side that lost at Leicester last week.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park