Town players get in swim for new season
IPSWICH stars will be taking the plunge as they bid to win promotion to the Premiership under new boss Jim Magilton.Swimming will feature prominently in the players' pre-season programme, which gets under way next Monday, and as part of the training regime throughout the 2006-2007 campaign.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH stars will be taking the plunge as they bid to win promotion to the Premiership under new boss Jim Magilton.
Swimming will feature prominently in the players' pre-season programme, which gets under way next Monday, and as part of the training regime throughout the 2006-2007 campaign.
Magilton's squad will be reporting to the town's Fore Street pool for an 8am start on a number of mornings for the first of three daily sessions in the water.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Swimming has really come to the fore in recent years and not just in terms of rehabilitation, when players are recovering from injury and it makes sense to keep them off their legs.
“Our fitness coach, Simon Thadani, will be putting the lads through some tough sessions in the pool.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
“There will be plenty of running, too, and they will be back at the training ground in late afternoon to work with the ball.”