Town put on super TV display
IPSWICH TOWN 4 COVENTRY 1IPSWICH Town struck four goals at Portman Road for the second time this season when a superb attacking display demolished Coventry at Portman Road tonight.
IPSWICH TOWN 4 COVENTRY 1
IPSWICH Town struck four goals at Portman Road for the second time this season when a superb attacking display demolished Coventry at Portman Road tonight.
Town moved into the top half of the Coca-Cola Championship although they did not have everything their own way at times at the back.
Ipswich, who beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 on the opening day of the season, were cheered off the field at the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Jason De Vos started the ball rolling with a headed goal from Owen Garvan's 10th minute free-kick with Pablo Counago adding a second goal in the 24th minute after a splendid turn from Jon Walters' head into the middle.
Walters leapt to head in the third goal from Gary Roberts' 40th minute left-wing cross as Town turned in a memorable first half display. And after taking a few minutes to find their feet after the break, Counago headed his second goal in the 57th minute.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Stephen Hughes pulled a goal back for Coventry with a stunning 25-yard shot in the 69th minute.