Town put on super TV display
IPSWICH TOWN 4 COVENTRY 1IPSWICH Town struck four goals at Portman Road for the second time this season when a superb attacking display demolished Coventry at Portman Road tonight.
IPSWICH TOWN 4 COVENTRY 1
IPSWICH Town struck four goals at Portman Road for the second time this season when a superb attacking display demolished Coventry at Portman Road tonight.
Town moved into the top half of the Coca-Cola Championship although they did not have everything their own way at times at the back.
Ipswich, who beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 on the opening day of the season, were cheered off the field at the final whistle.
Skipper Jason De Vos started the ball rolling with a headed goal from Owen Garvan's 10th minute free-kick with Pablo Counago adding a second goal in the 24th minute after a splendid turn from Jon Walters' head into the middle.
Walters leapt to head in the third goal from Gary Roberts' 40th minute left-wing cross as Town turned in a memorable first half display. And after taking a few minutes to find their feet after the break, Counago headed his second goal in the 57th minute.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 8 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 9 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 10 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
Stephen Hughes pulled a goal back for Coventry with a stunning 25-yard shot in the 69th minute.