Town's worst away run revealed
Town have now gone 11 away games without a win - but that pales into insignificance when compared with the club's all-time longest run without recording a victory on their travels.
TOWN have now gone 11 away games without a win - but that pales into insignificance when compared with the club's all-time longest run without recording a victory on their travels.
That dubious honour goes to the hapless side managed by Jackie Milburn (great player, awful manager) in the immediate post-Ramsey era in the 1960s.
You may also want to watch:
Milburn and his merry men went an amazing 30 games on the road without once tasting victory, a run that started on May 5, 1963 and ended almost 18 months later on September 23, 1964. Not surprisingly, Town were relegated in the 1963-64 season.
For the record, the current winless away run reads like this:
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
April 9, Sheff Wed lost 2-0
April 22 Norwich drew 1-1
April 28 Leeds drew 1-1
August 14 MK Dons drew 3-3 lost on pens (Carling Cup)
Aug 18 Plymouth drew 1-1
September 1 Watford lost 2-0
September 15 WBA lost 4-0
September 29 Hull lost 3-1
October 2 Burnley drew 2-2
October 20 QPR drew 1-1
November 4 Norwich drew 2-2
Overall record during the run:
Played 11 Won 0 Drawn 6 Lost 5 Scored 12 Conceded 22
(Thanks to prideofanglia.com for the stats).