Town set to take on U's
IPSWICH Town are close to finalising details to play Colchester United in a pre-season friendly, writes Derek Davis.The U's will be added to a schedule which already includes their Essex rivals Southend United, managed by former Colchester boss Steve Wignall.
IPSWICH Town are close to finalising details to play Colchester United in a pre-season friendly, writes Derek Davis.
The U's will be added to a schedule which already includes their Essex rivals Southend United, managed by former Colchester boss Steve Wignall.
The Blues have confirmed the three games they will play during their six-day trip to Sweden and Denmark starting on July 17. They will play Swedish side Mjallby AIF on Friday, July 18, followed two days later with an afternoon kick-off at Danish club IF Helsingor. Town will return to their base in Sweden to play Trelleborg.
Before they fly out Joe Royle's side will travel to Southend on Tuesday, July 15, with Tesfaye Bramble, brother of Titus and once a youth player at Town, expected to line-up for the Shrimpers. Days after their return they will meet a Boston United side brimming with familiar faces. Managed by Neil Thompson, the Pilgrims include Richard Logan, Robert Dickinson and Lee Beevers, with the latter two hoping for full-time contracts after a trial period.
You may also want to watch:
A couple more fixtures, including the U's game are still to be confirmed, and Ipswich are looking to play a prestigious friendly at home on Friday, August 1.
n Ipswich Town's Dean Bowditch was in the England team which opened its European Under-17 championship campaign in Portugal with a 2-1 win over Israel yesterday.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk