Town sign another keeper
MIKE Pollitt has signed on a month's loan and goes straight into Ipswich Town's squad to play Norwich City on Sunday.The Wigan keeper will provide cover for Shane Supple who picked up a groin injury in the 2-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
By Derek Davis
By Derek Davis
MIKE Pollitt has signed on a month's loan and goes straight into Ipswich town's squad to play Norwich City on Sunday.
The Wigan keeper will provide cover for Shane Supple who picked up a groin injury in the 2-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Although Lewis Price was named on the team sheet for that game he is not fit as he is still recovering from a cracked rib.
Czech Republic keeper Jaroslav Drobny was signed on an initial one month's contract and will be vying for a starting place against the Canaries but lacks experience in English football, while Pollitt is a veteran of more than 500 games.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 5 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 7 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 8 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 9 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 10 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
The 34-year-old former Manchester United keeper has also enjoyed stays at Bury, Lincoln, Darlington, Notts County, Sunderland, and Rotherham among others.