Town sign another keeper
MIKE Pollitt has signed on a month's loan and goes straight into Ipswich Town's squad to play Norwich City on Sunday.The Wigan keeper will provide cover for Shane Supple who picked up a groin injury in the 2-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
By Derek Davis
By Derek Davis
MIKE Pollitt has signed on a month's loan and goes straight into Ipswich town's squad to play Norwich City on Sunday.
The Wigan keeper will provide cover for Shane Supple who picked up a groin injury in the 2-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Although Lewis Price was named on the team sheet for that game he is not fit as he is still recovering from a cracked rib.
Czech Republic keeper Jaroslav Drobny was signed on an initial one month's contract and will be vying for a starting place against the Canaries but lacks experience in English football, while Pollitt is a veteran of more than 500 games.
- 1 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 2 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 6 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
The 34-year-old former Manchester United keeper has also enjoyed stays at Bury, Lincoln, Darlington, Notts County, Sunderland, and Rotherham among others.