‘Hopefully I will be fit enough to be available’ - Keane aiming for Bolton return
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Injured Ipswich Town striker Will Keane is targeting a return to action in the basement battle at Bolton Wanderers next week.
The 26-year-old was forced off with a hamstring injury in the draw at Wigan last month, but hopes to return to full training ahead of the trip to Wanderers on April 6.
Keane, who’s scored three times in nine games for the Blues since arriving on loan from Hull in January, told the club website: “I’m back outside now and if all goes well, I’ll be back training with the lads next week.
“My rehab has been going to plan. I’ve not had any setbacks and I hope it stays that way.
“My aim was always to get back for the game after Hull. I’m not sure if I will be ready to start but hopefully I will be fit enough to be available for selection.”
You may also want to watch:
Even if fit, Keane would not have been able to play against Hull at Portman Road on Saturday due to the terms of his loan.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police