Town to conclude pre-season campaign at Cambridge United on Saturday
Ipswich Town will conclude their pre-season campaign with a behind-closed-doors friendly at League Two side Cambridge United on Saturday (1pm ko).
Since returning to training following a lengthy Covid-19 enforced break, the Blues have played a doubler header at League Two side Colchester (winning 4-0 and 1-0) and been able to take plenty of positives from defeats against Premier League duo Tottenham (0-3) and West Ham (1-4).
Ipswich last travelled to The Abbey Stadium ahead of last season, the two sides playing out a 0-0 draw. The U’s went on to finish 16th in the fourth-tier.
A stream of Saturday’s game will not be available.
Town’s 2020/21 season will start with an EFL Cup first round tie against Bristol Rovers on September 5 and continue with an EFL Trophy group match against Arsenal’s Under-21s three days later – both those matches at Portman Road.
You may also want to watch:
Their opening League One game is against newly-relegated Wigan, also on home turf, on Sunday, September 13, that game being shown live on Sky (12pm ko).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices