Town to face Chester
IPSWICH Town will now play Chester City in the third round of the FA Cup after Bury were kicked out of the competition.The Shakers were expelled for fielding an ineligible player, although they can appeal and if they do so a hearing will be heard on Thursday, December 28.
By Derek Davis
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town will now play Chester City in the third round of the FA Cup after Bury were kicked out of the competition.
The Shakers were expelled for fielding an ineligible player, although they can appeal and if they do so a hearing will be heard on Thursday, December 28.
You may also want to watch:
The League Two club were penalised after on-loan Stephen Turnbull from Hartlepool, was included in the Bury side for the second-round replay against Chester on December 12.
Bury played Turnbull without receiving the required permission from Hartlepool and lodging that permission with the Football Association - also failing to comply with the required timescales for registration of players for the competition.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
The Blues have never played at Chester's Deva Stadium, although have met them once before in the FA Cup, with Town emerging 2-1 winners at Portman Road.