Crane, McGavin and Ndaba score as Town U23s down the Owls
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Young winger Ross Crane was among the scorers as Ipswich Town Under 23s beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 at Playford Road this afternoon.
Teenager Crane, a summer signing from Bury Town, netted along with fringe first teamers Brett McGavin and Corrie Ndaba, as Town fought back back from 1-0 down.
Armando Dobra, who’s been a regular in U23 football so far this season, didn’t feature though - which perhaps suggests he may be given a chance in the first team squad for tonight’s game with Gillingham at Portman Road (7pm KO).
Town legends Kieron Dyer, Terry Butcher and Jason Dozzell will assume control of the U23 side later this week, with Dyer serving as head coach.
Town now sit top of the Professional Development League Two South table with 13 points from their opening six games.
The U23s are next in action when they face Sheffield United away from home next Monday.
Town XI: Przybek, Crowe, Baggott, Ndaba, Smith, McGavin, Crane, Healy, Brown, Gibbs, Viral.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
Subs: Bort, Stewart, Manly, Oppong, Siziba.