Crane, McGavin and Ndaba score as Town U23s down the Owls
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Young winger Ross Crane was among the scorers as Ipswich Town Under 23s beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 at Playford Road this afternoon.
Teenager Crane, a summer signing from Bury Town, netted along with fringe first teamers Brett McGavin and Corrie Ndaba, as Town fought back back from 1-0 down.
Armando Dobra, who’s been a regular in U23 football so far this season, didn’t feature though - which perhaps suggests he may be given a chance in the first team squad for tonight’s game with Gillingham at Portman Road (7pm KO).
Town legends Kieron Dyer, Terry Butcher and Jason Dozzell will assume control of the U23 side later this week, with Dyer serving as head coach.
Town now sit top of the Professional Development League Two South table with 13 points from their opening six games.
You may also want to watch:
The U23s are next in action when they face Sheffield United away from home next Monday.
Town XI: Przybek, Crowe, Baggott, Ndaba, Smith, McGavin, Crane, Healy, Brown, Gibbs, Viral.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
Subs: Bort, Stewart, Manly, Oppong, Siziba.