Dawkins and Spence feature as Town U23s lose at Coventry
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town’s Under-23s lost 1-0 at Coventry City this afternoon.
David Bremang scored the only goal of the game after 34 minutes, the Sky Blues having started the game strongly.
Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg’s side remain top of the Professional Development Two South table following only their fourth defeat of the campaign.
Experienced duo Jordan Spence and Simon Dawkins both featured for the Blues at the Ricoh Arena.
Dawkins had an effort cleared off the line and forced two smart stops from the keeper. Tristan Nydam also twice went close after the break.
Former Town assistant manager Chris Doig was among the spectators.
Town U23s: Wright, Spence, Webber, McGavin, Cotter, Ndaba (cpt), McKendry, Nydam, K Brown, Dawkins, El Mizouni.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home